Position: Product Executive – Asia & Rest of the World
Reporting to: Head of Product
Location Base: Backroads HQ – London
Contract: Full time
Closing Date: 15th December 2017
About the Role:
The Product Executive will undertake tasks, projects and analysis that contribute to the performance and delivery of Backroads’s product ranges. The role will primarily focus on Backroad’s Asia & ROW program, but assistance across other product ranges might be required as needed.
The role requires a thorough understanding of product development, pricing, costs of sale, contracting and competitor movement from a group touring perspective.
The role will require contracting accommodation for BRT groups, product development, brochure production, competitor analysis, managing relationships with suppliers and destination management companies, and assist in the procurement process and schedule management of BRTs trips. Where necessary, the role may require some travel to develop product, negotiate contracts and liaise with suppliers.
- Procurement and contracting of accommodation, meals and activity services
- Negotiation of rates, payment terms, cancellation periods and room reduction policies with suppliers
- Building and improving templates to contract services for accommodation and non-accommodation services, such as ferry bookings, transfers and activity providers for group travel
- Maintaining supplier and accommodation databases to house relevant information for all departments
- Building and maintaining operational tour and product schedules
- Preparing budgets, costings and pricing for trips
- Developing strategic relationships with suppliers and destination management companies.
- Cooperating with the operations team to ensure BRT product is being delivered to standard
- Benchmarking supplier proposals and analysis of rates and contract terms
- Providing tasks and project support to product team members
- Ensure trip documentation provided to our clients is accurate
- Monitoring the capacity status of trips and performing regular yield management
- Proofing Backroads brochure and website content
- Assisting with the customer complaints procedures to ensure satisfactory resolutions
- Perform tasks to ensure product is brought to market accurately (e.g. proofing copy, data entry, implement data automation)
Experience, Requirements and Key Behaviours:
- Minimum 2 years travel experience in a Product/Contracting role or similar
- Commercial awareness with strong negotiating skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Confident making decisions based on analysing numbers
- In-depth knowledge of destinations in SE Asia
- Experience with accommodation and activity suppliers
- Experience with group travel requirements
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in collecting, assessing and automating data
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- A valid UK visa or European passport
- And of course… A passion for all things travel related!