Reporting to: Head of Product - Back-Roads
Back-Roads Touring is a name that's been around in the small group touring sector for 30 years. We're still discovering new places to visit, delivering unforgettable travel experiences and introducing a global audience to our product.
With our small group size, our clients will experience especially selected boutique accommodation loaded with history. They will dine in the most authentic local restaurants, and mingle with those characters who so enrich the heritage of local communities. We call this the Back-Roads Difference.
Put simply, we're a high quality, high growth tour operator looking to add another great person to our team to help us to continue delivering life-changing tours.
Back-Roads Touring Co. is seeking a passionate, and motivated individual as our Product Manager - Asia. Asia represents a new destination for Back-Roads and the successful applicant will work closely with existing Back-Roads staff, and local operators, to research, develop, refine and deliver tours to the highest standard, with a truly authentic Back-Roads experience.
Based in London this is a varied and challenging role which will be instrumental to the growth, and success, of the Back-Roads business throughout Asia. We are looking for a passionate and proactive individual who is self-motivated and able to work autonomously. A detailed knowledge of South East Asian tourism is preferred, as is your willingness to travel often between our office locations, and our Asian destinations.
Your strong commercial acumen, and ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with internal and external suppliers is essential to ensure our tours are developed, priced and promoted appropriately; with an ever-present understanding of our target market needs, and an awareness of the competitor landscape.
- Assume primary ownership of the Back-Roads Asia product success – driving strategy, budget performance, product evoloution and overall saleability through the business
- Manage the product lifecycle from strategic concept to delivery - analyzing market requirements, researching and developing tour itineraries that will appeal to our clientele through market orientation
- Analytic review of capacity levels, and tour scheduling to ensure we are maximising opportunities to grow our product range in this market
- Ensure optimum quality of our product is maintained through the regular inspection of accommodation, activities, restaurants to ensure all standards are met in line with our guidelines.
- Liaising with destination management companies (DMC), local operators, and contractors to ensure our tours are delivered in line with Back-Roads product standards.
- Provide local DMCs with knowledge, support and assistance they need to ensure they are able to deliver an exceptional service to our customers.
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure that our Tours are effectively and accurately communicated to our customers by means of brochures and the website.
- Lead the contracting, and pricing process of our Asian tours to maximise margins - including analysis of competitor and industry trends.
- Produce and present monthly performance reports, return-on-investment analysis, and competitor analysis reports.
- Manage the gathering and completeness of information required in order to load all products into our reservations system.
- Collaboration with other Global Touring leaders in various markets to drive and promote the Back-Roads Asia product range, and enhance our overall global proposition
- Attend trade shows, supplier events and familiarisation tours as necessary.
Required skills and experience:
- Relevant travel industry experience in a product management role.
- A clear understanding of global tourist demographics and targeting
- Regional experience and an in-depth knowledge in South East Asia is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Strategic thinker in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent internal and external relationship management skills across all levels.
- Be a pro-active and self-motivated team player.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- A second language would be helpful but not essential.
Benefits and Salary
The candidate will receive a competitive salary, discounted holidays and performance based bonus and get the opportunity to travel with their job.